Hemingway Route in Havana
- Pick up at your Hotel in Varadero.
- First stop at the highest Cuban bridge, Bacunayagua, a wonderful view for pictures.
- Back on the road, our next stop in Cojimar, a notorious fisherman village that many years ago inspired Ernest Hemingway to write his famous best seller “The Old Man and the sea”, winner of the Noble Prize of Literature in 1954.
- From Cojimar, we will drive to Finca Vigia, the retreat estate 10 miles off Havana where Hemingway lived for more than 20 years between 1940 and 1961.
- Next step will be Havana, once there; we will visit the main Cigar Factory of Cuba, where we receive an explanation of the famous Habanos. A tour to the premises is subject to factory capacity and sometime they sold out.
- Visit The Revolution Square, historic venue for social and political events, also home of the Cuban Central Government, we’ll drive by El Malecon, the emblematic coastline promenade of the City, colorful mix of different architecture expressions.
- Time to relax and enjoy a typical Cuban Lunch in one of the trending restaurants.
- The tour continues driving us over the Central Park, the Great Theatre of Havana, the Former Presidential Palace today it’s the Revolution’s Museum, the Bacardi Building, the Sloppy Joe’s Bar, ending up at the legendary Bar El Floridita, where Hemingway just to seat down for hours sipping Daiquiris, the world wide known Cuban Cocktail.
- Then will be time to walk the Colonial Havana, including four of the most important squares: the Cathedral Square, Arms Square, Old Square and San Francis of Assisi’s square. Also including visit to Hotel Ambos Mundos, where Ernest Hemingway lived for a long term and wrote some of his famous books.
Invalid Displayed Gallery
Program Key Notes:
- Pick up time 7:30AM.
- Return to Hotel around 6:00PM.
- Reliable transportation.
- Professional drivers-tour conductors.
- A minimum of 2 persons for the trip
- Payment must be done in cash.